Thank you Houston for making MD Aesthetica one of the leading centers in Houston for the treatment of hyper-pigmentation!
What is Hyper-pigmentation?
Hyper-pigmentation is the darkening of an area of your skin caused by an increase in melanin. Hyper-pigmentation may be caused by sun damage, inflammation, or other skin injuries, including those related to acne . People with darker Asian, Mediterranean or African skin tones are also more prone to hyperpigmentation, especially if they have excess sun exposure. Melasma is a form of hyperpigmentation found on some women due to changes in hormone levels. MD Aesthetica offers a variety of hyper-pigmentation treatments in Houston that take into consideration the patients time-frame, concerns, budget, and downtime options.
We offer a variety of treatments that can lighten and even eliminate brown spots. Options include:
- ResurFX® laser treatments correct brown spots and uneven pigmentation, in addition to improving skin texture. These treatments also increase collagen production to improve wrinkles and skin tone.
- IPL FotoFacial™ treatments effectively eliminate brown spots through intense pulsed light energy.
- Chemical peels can even out skin color and are available in a range of strengths.
- Skin care products can help fade existing brown spots and provide protection from sun exposure. MD Aesthetica is a huge fan of SkinCeuticals new Discoleration Defence and offers several other medical grade products as well for the treatment of hyper-pigmentation.
- SkinPen is many cases is also a viable solution for specific types of hyper-pigmentation.
To find out more about your cosmetic options for treating brown spots at our Houston and The Woodlands practice, request a consultation online or call our office at (713)-799-0000